Hey guys!

I know it’s long overdue but I have to tell you about my marathon that I ran last october! First off, let me just tell you that the next time I run a race out of town I AM GOING TO CHECK THE WEATHER! Little did I know that not only was it the end of October and it was in Washington D.C. but it was also going to be the first snow of the year in D.C. the day before the race and I did not pack anything long sleeved. Yes, I read all the articles about what to do to prepare for the BIG RACE, such as what to eat, when to eat it, when to sleep, when to run, when not to run, how to pace, how to recover, and everything in between. The only thing I didn’t prepare for apparently, was the cold. Thank goodness for the fact that the T-shirt that they gave you for running the race was long sleeved so that I could wear it and not freeze the whole next day haha.

Jacked and Tan

The night before I went to the bar in the downstairs foyer to read my book and have some dinner by myself, yes I drove to D.C. by myself to run my first marathon but I didn’t mind, mainly because I wanted to do this for myself and no one else. I had a caesar salad, pasta, and two beers before bed. The next day I woke up bright and early at 7AM for some hot cocoa and a bagel as I took the metro to the begining of the race and man was it cold! Here is basically the mile by mile pace:

Beginning of the race:: 8:15AM

5K marker:: 8:47AM

5 mile marker:: 9:08AM

15k marker:: 9:57AM

HALFWAY!!:: 10:30AM

15 mile marker:: 11:11AM

19 mile marker:: 12:03PM

22 mile marker:: 12:53PM


During the entire race, I was updating my facebook status on my phone so that my mom, who at the time lived in Florida, could feel like she was there watching me. I immediately found some random guys to take a picture of me with my finish line beer and my medal as proof. Those guys emailed me the picture a week later for me to check out :-D. Big smiles all around! When I got hired at Hooters I told them that I needed a few days off for this race, to drive on day one, run on day two and rest on day three before driving back to charlotte, and I requested off those said days. Turns out I only got two days off of work, so I had to drive back from D.C. without the proper ability to walk immediately after running my race UGH! After I finished my beer at the finish line I packed my things and left for home.

Halloween at Hooters

Now, around mile 18 my mom text me and told me to keep up the good work and be careful because I would probably hit a wall around mile 12. I text her back saying, “What are you talking about? I’m at mile 18 lol”. She was so proud of her little girl 🙂 My favorite mile, I do have to say waas mile 22 because it was there that the nice gentleman was handing out free beer for runners. Man was I happy to have some of my favorite drink.

Double fisting at the Finish Line

I was so excited to have finished my first marathon and have the huge parade of people standing on the sidelines. On top of my marine corps marathon shirt I wore my Hooters T-shirt that a bunch of the girls had signed before I left the first hooters I worked at. Even though I didn’t have anyone there to support me I did have a lot of the runners and sideline supporters yelling out to me “GOO HOOTERS!!” so that made me smile :-).

The Marine Corps Marathon was an amazing race and so much fun! I hope I am able to do another big race in the next year. We will see!

Thanks for reading!